Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good To Be Scrapping!

After so long without scrapping it feels simply glorious to finally be getting back into it. It helps that there are some great challenges out there at the moment to inspire me too. So instead of boring you with my ramblings, I will just share a couple of layouts I've made the last few days.

First we have Palette #2 up on The Color Room. OMG... what a challenge this one was! I went through my 3cropper hoppers and 4 pizza boxes of papers and had not one single patterned paper with the right shade of blue... or anything close to it! I had resigned myself to trying to do a digi layout when I remembered the blue flowers. Saved! Phew... so here is the second palette and my take on it. 

 
 
 Papers: Basic Grey, SEI, Making Memories
Other: Making Memories Journalling Book, Basic Grey Micro-Chip Alphas, Carolee's Creations Adorn-It Alphas, Prima Flowers, Prima Butterfly, Basic Grey Rubon, Kaiser Pearls, Dimensional Magic, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Glimmermist
It's a bit hard to tell but I had some fun adding the dimensional magic to the rose to try and make it look like dewdrops. I think it kinda worked LOL :)

These next challenges are all for Challenge Heaven. 

This first one is my second attempt at the Word Challenge. Criteria was to use the word 'Relax' in the title and some paint effects.
Paper: Bazzill Swiss Dot Cardstock, MME, Basic Grey
Other: Prima Flowers, Making Memories Diecut, Kaiser Rhinestones, Hambly Overlay, MME Diecut, American Crafts Thickers, Kaiser Paint, cheapie stickers
The flourishes on here are actually some cheapie gold laser cut stickers that I came across a while back. Don't they look just like the Basic Grey Heart Swashes!?! Anyway, I simply coloured them with a black permanent marker because I didn't like them gold.

Next we have the sketch challenge for Challenge Heaven... a great sketch from Inspired Blueprints. And I have also used some more of one of the kits from Scrapbooking From Scratch :D

Paper: Bazzill Swiss Dots Cardstock, Scribble Scrabble
Other: Carolee's Creations Adorn-It Alphas, American Crafts Thickers Alpha, Pink Paislee Alpha Stickers, K&Co Ribbon, Fiskars Border Punch
And the last layout is for one of the CyberCrop challenges at Challenge Heaven. This was a photo/colour inspiration challenge. We had to use chocolate brown with one other colour from the photo.
 Papers: Basic Grey, K&Co
Other: Prima Flowers, Making Memories Brads, Basic Grey Alpha Stickers, Making Memories Journaling Book, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
 

 And that's about it for now. I am going to pry myself off my computer chair and get all this housework out of the way so I can get stuck into a few other challenges :D 

Luv Kirsti xoxo

2 comments:

Peta said...

OMG Girl you are on a roll!!! stunning stuff!!! you have incouraged me to try the colour palete challenge :)))

Chloe said...

I have just loved looking through your creations! What a treat :-) keep 'em coming!!! :-)