Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Link Between Internet and Sanity

Over the last two weeks I have discovered a very strong link between internet access and sanity. I've found that no internet access causes insanity and never want to do it again! For two and a half weeks I have had no internet thanks to Telstra stuffing up bigtime. But all is good now... my net is back on with Westnet (luv them to bits!) and Telstra have lost me forever before they even had me! I spent over two weeks ringing every day, talking to a different person every time and getting very frustrated. When I wasn't on the phone, I would find myself sitting at my laptop just staring. Not doing anything... just staring. Man I missed my internet!!!

Last week saw the kids going off to school. Rachelle into Grade 3 this year and very keen to get back. My baby Ashlea started kindy and is loving it! There was no separation anxiety (well, not on her side anyway LOL), there were no tears... she just went on in like it was something she always did. That first day was so so hard! I was lost without her for that 3 hours and really struggled. It was the first time my Ashlea had been anywhere without me... and she didn't even care!!! But I have to say, I am very proud of my girls :D


So while I had no internet I got a few layouts done for the Feb challenges at Challenge Heaven. First is the Ebony and Ivory challenge...

Kaisercraft paper, Cherry Arte paper, SEI paper, Kaisercraft Mini Alphas, American Crafts Thickers, Basic Grey rubon

Then I had a go at the Quote challenge... to use the quote "Sugar and spice and all things nice"
Basic Grey Sultry Papers, Prima vine, Basic Grey Sultry sticker, Kaisercraft Mini Alphas, doily

And then we have my take on the Theme Challenge... christmas themed with Kraftbase and 4 photos smaller than 4x6
MME Life Stories paper, Basic Grey Dasher Paper, Basic Grey Dasher alphas, Kaisercraft Mini Alphas

And then just for fun I did this layout....
Fancy Pants papers, Making Memories spiral notebook page, K & Co Paper, Prima flowers, Kaiser pearls and rhinestones, American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories Tiny Alphas, Bella Paper Trim

That's it for now peoples... I'm off on a bloghop to see what I've missed while I was away.

Luv Kirsti xxx

No comments: