Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some layout shares

Just a few layouts to share today. I'm hoping to get into some scrapping this afternoon but have been spending ages adding all my photos to my new external harddrive. It seems to be taking forever!

This first layout was for the Scrap the Girls January Challenge. They have teamed up with Scrapbooking From Scratch this month and OMG! I checked out the store over there and it is the coolest! Their kitsare really well priced and look sooooo gorgeous. Definitely another place to add to my "When I have money..." list.

Ok, so this is my take on the sketch. Ihope to do a school album for the girls with layouts of their class photos and their individual portraits too. I wish I had something like that to look back on for myself...
Fancy Pants 'All Fall' and 'Daily Grind' Papers, Basic Grey 'Recess' Paper, Making Memories Noteworthy spiral notebook page, Making Memories Noteworthy Diecuts, Prima Flowers, Kaiser rhinestones, American Crafts thickers alphas
This one is for Challenge Heaven's quote challenge. The quote is 'being together is the best gift of all'. I agonised over this layout!I mean, it was really really hard to find a photo to suit it. I had so many ideas in my head, but no photos! Until I came across this one of Rachelle's 8th Birthday party last year. It was her first party with friends from school and she had a blast.
All My Memories paper, Bazzill Cardstock, Crate Paper, Making Memories tiny alphas, unkown glitter alpha, Prima petite flowers, Kaiser rhinestones
This last layout is using a sketch by Wendy Smith I found on Anna's Craft Cupboard blog. Going through some of the old photos I have here I found this one of my grandmother and her sister. I think it was probably taken in the early 70's? Perhaps at my Aunty's wedding? I love the photo though. It has captured such a beautiful moment between two sisters. I have been missing my Grandmother since she passed in November. There is this emptiness... the feeling of something missing. Christmas came and went without the usual card from Nana. I found some old emails from her the other week and I had a good cry while I read them. Her number is still on my phone as I can't bring myself to erase it. I was going through some papers the other day and came across some letters from her. It's funny how often I am reminded of her in my normal day. She will be greatly missed but I know she is happy now, reunited with Pop and probably dancing their hearts out, waiting for everyone else to join the party.

Basic Grey Stella Ruby Papers, Prima flowers, Carolee's Creations adornit alphas, American Crafts thickers


Til next time, take care folks
xxx

No comments: